For merchants using the Moneris Virtual Terminal with a USB PIN pad to process transactions, the Virtual Terminal will use Java to establish a connection with the PIN pad. When Moneris conducts an update to this application, the Virtual Terminal will attempt to install the new files the next time you use your PIN pad. To allow the new files to be installed on your PC, users need write permission on the Java installation folder e.g. (“C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.*.0_***”). Whomever has Administrative rights on your PC will have to give the write permission to users so that the installation can happen, otherwise you may not be able to process payments.
For steps to give permission to the Java folder:
1. Find the “Java” folder from your Java installation (you may have a different version than below):
2. Right Click and select properties.
3. Select the “Security” tab. Click “Edit…”
4. Select “Users” and click to allow the “Write” permissions:
5. Once finished click Ok.
6. You may now log on to the Merchant Resource Centre and attempt an initialization:
7. If prompted to run the application click “Run”:
8. If prompted by the browser to allow the application choose Allow:
9. The Merchant Resource Centre may instruct you to restart your browser as per below:
10. Restart your browser and try the Initialization again. Note that you may be prompted to restart your browser up to 3 times.
11. Once the initialization is complete, for security reasons Moneris recommends removing users “write” permission to the Java folder.
If you are not able to perform Merchant Resource Centre transactions following the update, please call the Moneris Customer Service Centre at 1-866-319-7450.