what is the penny value to generate this Response Code 056 (DECLINED * CARD USE LIMITED)

Hello in production we are currently experiencing issue with Response Code 056, we have successfully set up dev instance for debugging but do not know how to generate Response Code 056 as replication, we have used hosted tokenization page on production, in test case, what is the penny value to generate this Response Code 056, we can not find it on the chart, please help it is urgent for us.

Thanks so much for any help / pointer!

• Response code 056 indicates that a card type is not enabled on a particular terminal ID. It's only possible to replicate in the test environment by using a tender type that's not configured on a test store. For example, by having a card type such as Visa or Visa debit disabled on the merchant account, you would receive 056 whenever a transaction would be attempted using that card type. For your production scenario, you would need to call our 24/7 technical support line @ 1-866-319-7450 and let the agent know which transaction and card type was being attempted and they should be able to verify it's status on the account (either enabled/disabled).

Best,
    LL
  • In reply to LL_Moneris:

Hello LL,

Thank you for your prompt reply, using Moneris Merchant Gateway Resource Center esqa.moneris.com/.../index.php how can I disable Visa or Visa debit? I meant I tried but some of them such as Admin/Store Setings says "Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges, You do not have the correct privileges to access this page or perform the requested function."

Thank you!

P.

• In reply to pink:

Hi,

Unfortunately enabling/disabling card types can't be done through the Merchant Resource Center. If you wish to affect your production account, then you'll need to get in touch with our support/sales center (1-866-319-7450).

Best,
    LL
  • In reply to LL_Moneris:

Thank you for all your help.