Validate API credentials

Is there any get or post API available to validate the credentials entered by a user?

• FYI I have used Python APIs to integrate Moneris Payment gateways.
  • In reply to venkitram:

Hello,

Hope you are well. I am not quite sure what you meant with credentials. If you are talking about credit card verification I would recommend looking through the following document:
    developer.moneris.com/.../Card Verification

This should have the information required to do all card verification.
  • In reply to RamiY:

Hi, thanks for your reply,
    Let me make it more clear to you about my scenario, I have an e commerce application which asks for the credentials of a particular client, like the Store ID and the API token provided by Moneris, and make it possible to process payments. So the credentials that the client enter, is there any way to know that they are indeed valid.
  • In reply to venkitram:

Hello,

Yes then in that case you can simply use Card Verification, the link from the previous post should help you set that up. This will allow to properly make sure that the credentials are valid.

Best regards
  • In reply to RamiY:

Hello,

Thank you for that. But does it work with a test card in the live environment?
  • In reply to venkitram:

Hello,

Test credit cards do not work outside of the test environment, therefore it shouldn't be able to pass the card verification on the live environment.

Best regards