.Net Core nuget package so I can incorporate the Moneris API DLL in my .NetCore project?

Does Moneris offer a .Net Core nuget package so I can incorporate the Moneris API DLL in my .NetCore project?

• In reply to sfk64:

coming up on 1 year now
  • In reply to josephdietz:

Our APIs will not work with .NET Core.
  • In reply to josephdietz:

It took about 2 weeks, full time, to complete and test a custom core 2.0 library, for the things we needed (HT ops, regular vault ops, purchase and preauth ops, refunds, transaction state management and a transaction log).
    So a full integration (dev time) shouldn't take more than a month.

Just like any business though, their development teams' managers will focus on prioritizing the biggest needs of clients and projects with the highest ROI. If they did release a core API, they would also need to support it, creating additional work each time the API changes slightly. Having an interchangeable library is nice, but can also be limiting.

Enterprise level (or if you have time) integration should be custom built anyway, to ensure finely tuned control over the request and response handling, monitoring the traffic, response times, network buffers, failed card attempts, etc.

That being said... I am also kind of annoyed there isn't an official library to reference, or to drop in to simple projects and trust it will work.
  • In reply to sfk64:

Hi, currently our .net API does not support .net Core. We don't have a timeline in regards to support for this. If our current .net API is not an option you could consider referring to our DTDs and post XML since ultimately that is what all of our APIs do. Let me know if further questions in regards to this.
  • In reply to RR_Moneris:

Your .NET DLL doesn't have a lot of dependencies, you should be able to simply retarget to ".NET Standard" without any code modification so that it works in both .NET and .NET Core! The operation is pretty straightforward as described here: docs.microsoft.com/.../index

I too have a fully .NET Core application and targeting the full framework only for Moneris DLL doesn't make sense. And recoding everything to achieve the exact same result as Moneris already has doesn't make much sense either.

Please, take a day to try retargeting, it's actually really simple. :)

• In reply to dstj:

I second the motion
  • +1 for this - or .net standard or release the source code
  • In reply to mirvine:

Hi,

We do have plans to have .net standard version of our API, but no scheduled date at this time. Alternative to this is that you can just send us XML as per our specs: github.com/.../eCommerce-Canada-DTDforXML
  • Here you can find .net core version:
    www.nuget.org/.../
  • In reply to Siolishe:

Thanks, though I cannot see it on Moneris's GitHub (https://github.com/Moneris)? Is this an official package from Moneris or a personal package from ? Are you affiliated to Moneris in any way?

• In reply to dstj:

No, it is not the official package.
    due to my last net core project, I needed "navESelectPlus" library and I port the library to .net Standard and decided to the public it
    might be useful for anyone
    you can explore the Github repo as well:

github.com/.../Moneris.Core
  • The official Moneris dll is built in .NET standard 2.0 so that it can be supported by framework and core. Minimum needed will be .NET Framework 4.6.1+ or .NET core 2.0+
  • In reply to MB_Moneris:

thanks for the information. I wish you had posted that sooner. This thread is more than 2 years old and I see that the last DLL is 14 months old...

@Siolishe, can you remove that NuGet package? I understand it's no longer necessary and it's pretty confusing as it looks a bit "too official"...