Hosted Page Receipt returning "ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED" when using data preload

Hosted page receipt returning "ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED" when using data preload.  

I am able to get a ticket back (from data preload call) I transfer to the hosted payment page (everything looks good).   I fill out the credit card information and post transaction and the receipt comes back "ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED"

Data preload - I pass the hpp_id, hpp_key, hpp_preload (blank) and amount NOT the order ID as it is optional right? I get to the hosted page just fine

Hosted Page post - I pass the hpp_id, hpp_preload (blank) and the ticket and the amount and other fields note, email etc.

If it wasn't passing the correct information I wouldn't be transferring to the payment page.

I even looked at the ticket before I passed it and did a view source of the hosted page and the hpp_id and tickets match

What am I missing?  What should I do next to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• What store are you using for the test? Can you provide the request parameters?
  • In reply to MB_Moneris:

Here is what I post to get ticket

'hpp_id' => 'QZYD3qa002',
    'hpp_key' => 'hp8YBLZE2ZFN',
    'charge_total' => $amount,
    'hpp_preload' => ''

Here is the ticket response

-<response>
    <hpp_id>QZYD3qa002</hpp_id>
    <ticket>hppMU02MBr0pxj7psQdE</ticket>
    <order_id/>
    <response_code>1</response_code>
    </response>

Here is the post to the hosted payment page

<form method="POST" action="esplusqa.moneris.com/.../index.php">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" name="hpp_id" value="QZYD3qa002">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" name="hpp_preload">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="li_quantity1" VALUE="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="ticket" value="' . $ticketnumber . '"';
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="' . $amount . '"';
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" HIDDEN="HIDDEN" value="submit" id="submit" name="submit">

I pass the ticket to the $ticketnumber var.
    It takes me to the payment page with all the values
    I process the payment and the receipt comes back "ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED"

Here is the receipt
    Funny thing is that the hosted page has the has the custID email and note and it's blank in the receipt

ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED

--------------------------------------------------
    -----------------PAYMENT DETAILS -----------------

TYPE PURCHASE

DATE null null
    ORDER ID mhp1269902377
    AMOUNT(USD) $

CARDHOLDER Larry Mau
    CARD NUM **** **** **** 4242
    ACCOUNT NULL

REF NUM null
    AUTH CODE null

------------------ITEM DETAILS -------------------

----------------CUSTOMER DETAILS -----------------

CUST ID
    EMAIL
    NOTE

Thanks! and Happy Friday!
  • In reply to WilldanE:

Do we have any updates on this? Thanks!
  • In reply to WilldanE:

Can you try again and provide the results? I was having issues that have been resolved.

Same results, not working.

I get to the payment page. The fields I passed are all populated on hosted page (customer ID, email,note amount) notice they are blank on the receipt below.

I process the payment and the receipt below is emailed to me (this is happening in production as well we are unable to use the data preload method,our keys are exposed)

Thank you for your payment

ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED

-----------------PAYMENT DETAILS -----------------

TYPE PURCHASE

DATE null null
    ORDER ID mhp1309146949
    AMOUNT(USD) $

CARDHOLDER Larry Mau
    CARD NUM **** **** **** 4242
    ACCOUNT NULL

REF NUM null
    AUTH CODE null

CUST ID
    EMAIL
    NOTE

• In reply to WilldanE:

Only thing different I see is that you are passing the amount in the "proceed" post. The amount should only be passed in the preload request. I ran one on your profile and it seemed to go through correctly.

This doesn't work If I don't send the amount of the proceed post, I get a blank hosted payment page with only the custID, email and note followed by the POST transaction button, no payment fields are available.   I put the amount back in and I get the full hosted payment page.

• In reply to WilldanE:

Here is my preload (HTML basic POST)

<form method="post" action="esplusqa.moneris.com/.../index.php" >

<b>PRELOAD FRAME</b></br></br>

order_id............<input type="text" Value="" Name="order_id"></br>

Amount..............<input type="text" Value="" Name="amount"></br>

hpp_id.........<input type="text" Value="U2FEUqa002" Name="hpp_id"></br>

hpp_key.............<input type="text" Value="hp9HXZQI311D" Name="hpp_key"></br>

**Preload**<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="hpp_preload" ></br>

<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="SUBMIT" VALUE="Click to process transaction">

and then my proceed HTML

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="esplusqa.moneris.com/.../index.php">

<b>PROCEED FRAME</b></br></br>

order_id<INPUT TYPE="order_id" NAME="order_id" VALUE=""></br>

hpp_id<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="hpp_id" VALUE="U2FEUqa002"></br>

hpp_preload<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="hpp_preload"></br>

ticket<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="ticket" VALUE="insert ticket here"></br>

<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="SUBMIT" VALUE="Click to proceed to Secure Page">

I'm not sure why your page would not display the amount if not passed in the proceed, my mini example doesn't require it.  I also tried it with your config and it also seemed to work (I was redirected to your post back page and it said success)

So the issue seems to be that per your documentation I am using a form element called charge_total

(charge_total  Amount to charge, must be have 2 decimal places)

and it is returning a ticket, and this causes the "ERROR - TRANSACTION NOT COMPLETED " in the receipt.  When I use the element name "amount" it works and the receipt indicates "TRANSACTION APPROVED - THANK YOU"

But the item details and customer details are blank.   those valued are visible in the hosted page AND it is configured to display in the email receipt in the resource center but they come back blank.  When I use the normal POST they appear, when I use PreLoad they don't.

CUST ID            

EMAIL              

NOTE              

• In reply to WilldanE:

So it looks like you have to pass the customer email, note, client ID etc in the with the ticket? It works if I pass thoses values in with the ticket.
  • In reply to WilldanE:

charge_total is for the Canadian Gateway. Amount is used for the US gateway.

It's listed as charge_total on the US documentation here developer.moneris.com/.../Hosted Payment Page

So maybe this should be updated so people don't have this issue anymore. charge_total actually produces a ticket for USA, but then this ticket is totally useless as any posts using it have the "blank form" issue described by WilldanE.

I also saw another issue where the preload says to use "order_no" but it's really order_id.

Also in the documentation, it says that the original post for preload should have variable name "ps_store_id" but it should be "hpp_id". Someone new to this will have issues if they use "ps_store_id" following the doc. I realized later that psstoreid and hppid are the same thing semantically so I tried hppid and it worked.
  • In reply to lari55a:

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I had not noticed that the documentation is incorrect. I have sent it off to be corrected. The pre-load request for the US gateway should use hpp_id, hpp_Key and amount not ps_store_id, hpp_key and charge_total.