Receiving "Global Error Receipt" when users make payments.

I know that the problem is about connection to Moneris. I just don't know why suddenly the website doesn't work anymore. We are using the API (with PHP) to connect to the gateway. It used to work, and it doesn't work now but we didn't change the code at all.

Is it because Moneris upgraded their system to use TLS v1.2? I have already set CURLOPT_SSLVERSION to CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2 (6). But Nope, doesn't work. 

Are we supposed to set CURLOPT_SSLVERSION to the absolute path of curl-ca-bundle.crt? We didn't set it, is it because of this?

The API version we are using is "PHP NA - 1.0.8".

I appreciate any help on debugging this problem. Thanks.

• Hi, when did it stop working? Was it March 20th? Have you checked here: community.moneris.com/.../pci-compliance-amp-tls-1-0-retirement. For the CURL option just try passing the Numeric value of 6.
  • In reply to RR_Moneris:

Last Friday, so not last month. I did try passing that option but it's of no use.
  • In reply to joshua1830:

We also did an IP update. So www3.moneris.com is now resolving to a new IP. This update was done on March 28th... but could have taken up to 72 hours to propagate. Do you have firewall rules blocking the new IP? Can you try a network trace to see what's happening?

We have already asked our hosting company and they said they are not blocking any 3rd party gateway. But we didn't set curl-ca-bundle.crt on mpgclasses.php. Could it be the reason?

So it started failing April 6th or April 30th? Yes it could be that.

I tried to var_dump the mpgHttpsPost object and see that
    [app_version] => ....
    [procCountryCode] =>
    [testMode] =>
    [isMPI] =>
    [xmlString] =>

app_version, procCountryCode, testMode is null?? aren't they required? I don't know about app_version, but I have set the procCountryCode and testMode using
    $mpgRequest->setProcCountryCode("CA");
    $mpgRequest->setTestMode(true);

but they are not working.

Also, do you have minimum requirements for PHP? I am using PHP 5.3 maybe it isn't compatible with the Moneris classes?

it might be best if you email eProducts@moneris.com. I can reply from there. Just provide your store ID so I can check your account. Also make sure to include this conversation so we have some context.