How ResLookupFull works ?

Hi !

i am trying to test the ResLookupFull !

and i always receive ( INVALID TRANSACTION )

somebody could help ?

• here's the code for testing

string host = "esqa.moneris.com";
    string store_id = "moneris";
    string api_token = "hurgle";
    data_key = "g90io5hS63qXu10Pu51512M8G";

ResLookupFull resLookupFull = new ResLookupFull(data_key);
    HttpsPostRequest mpgReq = new HttpsPostRequest(host, store_id, api_token, resLookupFull);
    Receipt receipt = mpgReq.GetReceipt();
    Console.WriteLine("DataKey = " + receipt.GetDataKey());
  • In reply to PAT:

Hi, resLookupFull is disabled on all our public test accounts, and is always disabled by default on new accounts. The reason is because it gives you ability to lookup the full card number on a card stored in our vault. In production to have that enabled, there is a process where you have to demonstrate that you are PCI.
  • In reply to RR_Moneris:

How do we develop solutions using this functionality than if we don't have sample data to work with? The application I am trying to build my solution into immediately vaults all cards for later use at the point of billing. Does this mean I will have to be running full production and real cards in order to develop this solution? The application is in no way ready for production environment.
  • In reply to AaronG33K:

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by no sample data to work with? If you are looking for information about testing, you can just refer to the Testing section in the footer of our dev site (developer.moneris.com).

If you are referring to the use of resLookupFull, resLookpuFull gives you access to lookup the full card number once stored in our vault. We recommend against implementing this functionality as it means you have access to card data after its stored and will increase your PCI scope... also to enable in production there is a process where you have to demonstrate that you are PCI. If you want us to enable this on your own test account we can, but we recommend against it.

what is the reason you want to support resLookupFull?
  • In reply to RR_Moneris:

I was under the impression you needed to have the credit card decrypted to pass back to the purchase function. Didn't realize you could make a purchase with the Data Key instead of a card number. This makes life much easier. Thanks for your response!
  • In reply to AaronG33K:

ah ok... yeah exactly, you got it right there in regards to using the data key. Also make sure to consider the new Card On File rules that card brands are bringing... basically when storing the card for later use (say via our vault feature), there are new requirements to pass indicators before storing in our vault. Also additional fields to pass when doing the resPurchase / resPreauth.

Just lookup the latest unified API package on github.com/moneris. Just lookup Credential On File in the pdf.