Can I save vault token on my end?

Hi,

I need to implement a "saved card" feature on a website so that customer doesn't have to fill the payment form every time.

I would thinking of generating a vault token then saved it on our end for further purschase.

Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks,

Steve

• Hello Steve,

You can implement our hosted tokenization with Vault API ( Hosted Tokenization: Hosted Tokenization Link with Vault API: Vault API).

You can also opt for redirecting to our Hosted Vault Page (reduced PCI Scope) and letting it handle the card entry all together (Hosted Vault: Hosted Vault). 

Thank you. 

• In reply to ND_Moneris:

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I read and understand how to use the hosted tokenization/vault.

But, I'm wondering how, on our website, can I display the card brand and last 4 digits if a user saved his card. How can I get those info from the hosted vault?

Basically, my questionning is how I may link my customer to the hosted vault?
  • In reply to SteveCrew:

Hi Steve,

We cannot comment on your code/design, but we can advise that first 4 last 4 are returned as part of the post back data from Moneris. You can direct the postback to a specific URL in the Response Method configuration.

You can show first 4 last 4 if you can read it, parse that field and display it however you choose.
  • In reply to ND_Moneris:

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry. Let me explain our user flow:

A user order sometime on our e-commerce. The first time, he enter his credit card info. Our system add the card to the vault for "customer_id 12345", get the returned "Data Key" and process to the purschase with that "Data Key". Everything is good so far.

But if the next day, the same user (#12345) order something else, we do not ask him to re-fill the credit card form.

So my question is, how from the hosted vault, can I get the "Data Key" for that customer, as we do not save any credit card info on our side.

So basically, I need to be able to get access to those values after the credit card has been added to the vault. I need to access that "Data Key", "last4" & "brand" even after the initial post back.

And if in the end, the only way to achieve this is by saving those 3 info on my side, do I need to be PCI compliant (our project is hosted on Heroku).

Hope this will give you more info about my issue.

Thanks,

Steve
  • In reply to SteveCrew:

Hello? Could someone help me on this?
  • In reply to SteveCrew:

As I advised earlier, we cannot help you code nor design.

We can help you implement our features.

If this is not helpful, please call our Service Desk at 1-866-562-4354.

Thank you.
  • In reply to SteveCrew:

Hello , did you find your solution for this issue? Thanks