Payment Gateway Only Functions as Preauth

Using Moneris Payment Gateway 2.10.2 with WordPress 4.9.8 and WooCommerce 3.5.1

In my configuration, I have Moneris set to purchase, and not authorization. The problem is, every single order that is going through Moneris is coming in as a preauth, and not a capture. The capture is also not forced, our accounting dept. recently found a preauth from October 1st that was just never captured. Nothing in the Payment Gateway is configured to run preauths. 

Furthermore, the order is being marked as completed by Moneris and WooCommerce, when only a preauth (that shouldn't be happening in the first place) is processed.

This means we're potentially shipping product when Moneris has received $0.

What is the solution to this?

• Hello, we are unable to assist you with a 3rd party product. I'ts recommended you locate the developer of the plugin and request configuration assistance as well as resolution to your open orders.

In your case, the pluguin will set the transaction type and send the transaction. It will decide to send a preauth or a purchase, we are just listening and waiting for a payment command.

As a manual step and we are suggesting this only as best effort, you can locate each of your orderIDs in Merchant Resoruce Centre by OrderID, date/time, amount and complete them using steps on page 94 in the guide here
    in www.moneris.com/.../MRC_User_ManualCanadaENG.pdf

Thank you.