Can the number returned using orig_transaction_no field be displayed in the transaction report?

Hi,

Currently, the orig_transaction_no is only available by exporting the transaction report to file button.  Would it be possible to add this to the actual report?

This would save having to export the file, then load it into excel for easy viewing.

Thanks.

• Hi,

How are you generating the order_ids in your code? Is our virtual terminal generating the order_id for you or are you coding it yourself?

Thank you.
  • In reply to ND_Moneris:

Hi,

The order_ids are generated by us. We are integrated using tokenized payments. The system was built to use the gateway transaction id for reconciliation. We are tied to multiple gateways and changing this would require development and testing cycles. It would seem an easy solution would be to include orig_transaction_no in the report. This would easily satisfy ours (and most of all, our customer's) needs.

I would not expect this to be very hard to complete?

Thanks.
  • In reply to dev1234:

The orig_transaction_no is not available in the web generated transaction reports. However, you can choose to have it included in an Exported Transactions report. It is also available to you in the Transaction Receipt Response data on every transaction as txn_num.

You will need to do two things:
    1. Set the transaction no as the field to be included in the exported file
    a) Login to MRC (if in QA please generate your own store_id under profiles and then send us an e-mail at eproducts@moneris.com to give you full access).
    b) Locate the username as the last Menu,
    c) click Account Settings under username profile menu
    d) Scroll down to Export to File Fields
    e) enable Include Field Headers
    f) Locate Transaction Number field and enable it
    g) Save Export to File Settings

2. Generate an export file.
    a) Go to Reports
    b) Go to Transaction in the reports menu
    c) Select your time/date criteria
    e) Perform the search
    f) Click the button Export to File on the results page
    g) Save the file locally and open it in Excel or in notepad

Yes, I already know all this. Our customer base would prefer to just be able to print the report from the browser.

I know you can export and put it into excel. This requires extra steps. They prefer the shortest method possible. Which, in this case, would be to have that number displayed on the report.

Please add my request as a formal update to the transaction report.

Thanks.
  • In reply to dev1234:

We can raise the issue with our internal Product Team. If your client needs more info please have them call into our Support Centre at 1-866-562-4354 with their merchant number.

Checking in to see if there is a chance this can be added to the report?

Thanks.
  • In reply to dev1234:

Hello,

I've requested and update and received an answer. We will not be making a modification to our web report forms to include the orig_transaction_no.

Therefore, please use the reporting function above or if you like you can include it as part of your exported report as instructed on Dec 18 2018 above. i.e. obtaining it from the exported text file (csv format).

Further, a transaction request is posted to the hosted pay page and our API, the orig_transaction_no is echoed back to the landing URLs as txn_no, therefore you can capture as well as store it from that.

Thank you.