Is it possible to send AVS address information during the data-preload request?

As the title says, is it possible to pre-populate the AVS address fields for the client using the data_preload request for a HPP site?

We'd like to enable AVS, and since we are already collecting billing/shipping information from the client, would love to pre-fill the address fields for them on the payment page.

I was hoping that sending the billing address fields (bill_address_one and bill_postal_code) would do the trick, but those aren't used for the AVS fields. Looking at some API-based code, I also tried avs_street_number and avs_zipcode, but no luck.

Is there a way to pre-populate those fields for the client?

Thanks.

• Hi, try passing fields avs_street_number, avs_street_name and avs_zipcode for the data preload. For that to work you will have to disable the AVS input fields from the hosted config.
  • In reply to RR_Moneris:

great, thanks!

And if I understand right, it's okay to send both the street number and name in the avs_street_number field?
    Also, I'm not clear exactly how to enable AVS on the HPP config (especially if the fields are disabled on the display). Is it simply enough to send those fields along?

From my testing, it doesn't appear to be working for me so far (using store5), so maybe I am missing something?

preload request:

Array
    (
    [ps_store_id] => 5FTTHtore5
    [hpp_key] => hpK6BMBAXXXE
    [charge_total] => 86.22
    [order_id] => 77266-21003
    [cust_id] => 1
    [email] => info@ericsmith.ca
    [hpp_preload] =>
    [bill_address_one] => 123 street st
    [bill_postal_code] => h2s2k1
    [avs_street_number] => 123 street st
    [avs_street_name] =>
    [avs_zipcode] => h2s2k1
    )

response:

Array
    (
    [response_order_id] => 77266-21003
    [date_stamp] => 2019-01-22
    [time_stamp] => 13:32:16
    [bank_transaction_id] => 660148420013950400
    [charge_total] => 86.22
    [bank_approval_code] => 106472
    [response_code] => 027
    [iso_code] => 01
    [message] => APPROVED * =
    [trans_name] => purchase
    [cardholder] => martin test
    [f4l4] => 4242***4242
    [card] => V
    [expiry_date] => 2101
    [result] => 1
    [avs_street_number] =>
    [avs_street_name] =>
    [avs_zipcode] =>
    )
  • In reply to mking:

Yeah you can include both street number and street name in the street number field. On the hosted config, under appearance it has to be disabled (so you will not see your AVS fields populated on the page). The AVS responses will be generated based on the simulator: developer.moneris.com/.../E-Fraud Simulator

hello -- I'm following up on this because I am having trouble testing the process.
    Both in the test system and in the live site, the AVS fields seem to have no effect (testing with false addresses does not cause the card to be declined).

Additionally, I don't see different behaviour in the test site. Maybe I am just not properly enabling the AVS features? Is there a guide on how to do this, especially since we want to have the fields hidden on the hosted payment page?

thanks
  • In reply to mking:

Hi, in production, it will be up to the bank to decide if they want to decline or approve the transaction. Typically with No match on AVS banks still approve. So basically the AVS results have to be reviewed (either manually or automatically by application). If unsatisfied with results you would have to reject the transaction and reverse (if it was a preauth or purchase).

In QA, AVS responses will be based on our simulators: developer.moneris.com/.../E-Fraud Simulator

Thanks -- I guess the question is how do I know that the AVS data is actually being accepted via the pre-load that I am sending. In my testing on the live system, we weren't getting any avs information in the response.
  • In reply to mking:

In test it will be simulated, if you pass the values in table I sent you, are you not getting a response?