Decline transaction if CVD/AVS fail

I am using php with the mpg gateway payment, and I am passing the setCvdInfo object, and the setAvsInfo object, but the transction process event if the address or CVD does not match, is there a way to accept only transaction with CVD/AVS verification correct?

• The response that is received from AVS/CVD verification is intended to provide added security and fraud prevention, but the response itself does not affect the completion of a transaction. Upon receiving a response, the choice to proceed with a transaction is left entirely to the merchant. The response is not a strict guideline of whether a transaction will be approved or declined.
    developer.moneris.com/.../AVS
  • In reply to ME_Moneris:

Yeah, that's what the documentation says. But what do I do if the transaction is authorized, but the AVS fails ? I want to decline the transaction in that case, but the system already authorized it. Do I need to issue a "Void" transaction ?
  • In reply to goozak:

OK, upon further research, I think I've got it.
    We first do a PreAuth, with the AVS check. Then, if the transaction is accepted, we do a Completion to either get the authorized amount or to cancel the amount on hold if the AVS failed.
  • In reply to goozak:

Yes thats correct.
  • In reply to HG_Moneris:

Thanks for the feedback!  :-)

This should be mentioned in the documentation for "Purchase with CVD & AVS", since doing that doesn't really make sense after all...

• In reply to goozak:

I'd like to second goozak's suggestion of adding this to the documentation.