How do I check if a payment is recurring through the API

I've gone through the documentation for the API and can't find any information on this... so I'm hoping it's still possible. I am in a situation where I need to check whether there is a recurring payment registered for a given moneris order ID. In all cases, I have the order IDs, and just need a simple call that will let me know if it's a recurring transaction or not (I don't need to know anything about it, just a simple true or false would suffice)

Are there any API calls I can make that will provide me with this information? It appears that all the available methods are just setters, none seem to actually get information.

My situation basically is that if a payment is already recurring, then I need to increase the number of recurring payments remaining. If a payment is NOT recurring already, then I need to create a new payment and register that one as being recurring (essentially, this is to "grandfather" in a bunch of old payments that aren't already recurring and I'm trying to avoid having to say "if this was created prior to the date in which this change was implemented, then prompt the user to enter their credit card information and register a new recurring payment, otherwise just add x recursions onto the existing recurring payment").

Please help!!

• We do not have any reporting APIs that would provide the details you are looking for. Alternatively you could use our Vault service to create a token, then you would manage the recurring job (API, Batch Upload, etc.).
  • In reply to MB_Moneris:

Is there a plan to put in any reporting-style APIs that could be of use for this, or to check if a payment was received, or anything?

Our customer doesn't want to switch to the vault and so I find I'm having to code around the fact that I can't get any insight into stuff like this... the example I gave in my original post is a perfect example of a situation where it would be amazing if I could just make an API call, pass it an Order ID and get a true/false response indicating if it's a valid recurring payment or not

Anyway... that's on my list of features I wish I had access to :)
  • In reply to alanna:

There are currently no plans to have this functionality added.
  • In reply to MB_Moneris:

Is this still the case in 2020? Is there any API in place to check recurring transactions?
  • In reply to quikbeam:

Yes, this is still the case.