Global Error Receipt

Hi,

I am using Moneris Gateway API on PHP platform and consuming APIs with mpgClasses.php file.

Global Error Receipt error started appearing randomly after i made a change on Oct 1 2018. Before it was working perfectly.

The change was this: OrderId which was being sent was of 7 digits long which was a primary key of one of our mysql's table. This was causing a Duplicate orderId issue due to our implementation bug.

So, we fixed it by generating new unique OrderId with length of 18 digits. e.g "1234567 1234567890" with a space in between.

After this change we observed that Global Error Receipt start occurring randomly, in this time we had Approved, Declined transactions and this error also!!

Now i have changed OrderId to 13 digits long unique with no space in between (out of curiosity only).

Can anybody tell/help why this error occurs randomly with no consistency? Or what can be the reason of this error.

Thanks & Regards.

• Global error receipt typically indicates you are not able to reach the gateway. Are you TLS1.1/1.2 enabled? Are all your requests coming from the same server?
  • In reply to MB_Moneris:

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, all of our requests are coming from same server.
    i recently added
    curl_setopt($ch, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2, 6);
    to mpgClasses.php file.
    our server is using TLS 1.2
    After adding TLS option on curl still one of transactions got this error. but 6 of other transactions were successful.
  • In reply to ammar00:

Which test store are you using? I wonder if this is not a duplicated order_id? Can you set a unique prefix to ensure you are not duplicating the order ID.

I am not using any test store, our application is live and in production.
    No, certainly its not a duplicate order_id issue, because now we are using micro seconds as order Id
    like this: round(microtime(true) * 1000);
  • In reply to ammar00:

Do your PHP logs have any additional details?

We have not gone through Logs yet, Right on to it now.
    But when we retry those transactions they go through and are Successful!! We are doing this for past 2 days.